Need assistance strengthening your home against hurricane force winds?
The City of Bristol has been awarded a Hurricane Loss Mitigation Program (HLMP) grant by the Florida Division of Emergency Management to assist with hardening or retrofitting single family homes within the City of Bristol. This program is not designed to repair homes, but to protect and strengthen homes against strong wind forces such as hurricanes, tropical storms, etc. to aid in minimizing damages.
Eligible Mitigation Retrofit Improvements include:
- Replacement of roof sheathing
- Replacement of roof covering
- Strengthening of roof deck attachment
- Installation of secondary water barrier
- Installation of hurricane straps
- Installation of window and door opening protection
- Brace bottom chord gable end
- Anchoring of wall or floor units to the foundation
- Must reside within the city limits of Bristol
- Home must be primary residence
- Must show proof of home ownership
- Must have homeowner insurance
- Property taxes and mortgage must be current
Mobile homes, manufactured homes, rental properties, mobile home parks, and multifamily units are ineligible for this program. Funding is limited and applications will be assessed on a first come, first qualified basis. Completing an application does not guarantee assistance. There are no income restrictions, the program is open to all qualifying homeowners.
For more information or to obtain an application contact Bristol City Hall at (850) 643-2261.